Beef Silver Side with Mashed Potato and Steamed Peas
Beef Silver Side
Peas or Carrots
Onion , medium size, chopped
Salt and pepper
1.) In a pot, put the Beef Silver side, add the onions, salt, pepper and boil it for 2hours or so, until the meat is tender. every now and again, check the water and make sure that it is always above the meat.
When the meat is tender, prepare the other ingredients.
2) Peel the potatoes and chopped it into squares, put it in a pot, add water, salt and bring to boil until the potatoes is soft enough to mashed.
3) While boiling the potato, Put the peas/green beans into the steamer and put it on the top of the boiling potato.
4) When the peas is cooked, put it in a bowl, put a little bit of butter and mix.
5) When it is cooked, pour the water out, put a little bit of butter and milk. Slowly mix it in to the potato while mashing.
6) Slice the Silver side in desired thickness
honeyed carrots (other option for vegetable)
You can also use a fresh carrots as a side dish instead of peas or beans.
On a separate pot, boil the carrots until it is soft, put a tablespoon of honey on it, let it simmer for 5 minutes. Pour the water out of the pot and transfer the carrots on a bowl and add a little bit of butter.
* If there is any left over on the Silver side, put it in the fridge. Silver side sandwich as lunch in the following day wouldn't be a bad idea.*